Sign in to follow this  
JAGR

Newbie Looking for True Cargo Measurements

Good day everyone, Jagr here. I don't own a NV as of yet but I've been looking a building my own RV and I'm very interested in the NV2500 or NV3500 for my project. I got a lot of information from the web but somehow there is conflicting information when it comes to the interior cargo space. Some site are indicating that the total cargo length is 105" and other sites are claiming 120". This is quite a margin when planning a close-space living area.

Could anyone be so kind to give me a true measurement from the driver's seat in the furthest back position to the back doors (closed obviously). I really need to know the true usable cargo space. It would also be very useful if someone could tell me the distance from the floor to the bottom of the side windows.

Thank you!

Maybe someone new will do this, but you may have to dig deep to find a similar old post. Better to just go to a commercial dealer or check out one of the many used vehicles listed on line. 

Measurements are fine but you really need to get inside one. The cargo space is smaller than you might expect. Overall exterior  length may the same as other standard vans, but the long hood cuts into interior space. Lots of posts about the need for an extended van. 

They make a great van but the interior seems to shrink the longer the trip... We would have gone with an extended NV if available. 

It's not small, it's thin, dammit.

Try living in one for 2 months. It gets smaller and smaller. But since you mention it, it does get thinner.