2013NV2500

Pulls hard right

2013 NV2500 120,000 miles.

Backstory on what has been done so far: 4 New tires (pulls same as with old ones), been on a frame machine (frame is dead on), been aligned 4 times, checked brakes with thermal imaging and both rotors have same heat signature regardless of drive time. Played with air pressure endless options and changed nothing.

From the second you begin to move it begins heading to the right. Faster you go the faster it goes to the right. Dealer stumped, 2 front end shops stumped. Caster is off on the right front 1 deg and these vans are fixed upper control arms so cant adjust that. I want to make the upper control arms adjustable so the caster can be dialed in. Has anyone ever seen, heard of, or found adjustable upper control arms and or ball joints? Easily can buy all the Tundra adjustable arms I want, but not a single company I have found sells anything for the NV2500 vans. Also new upper control arm and ball joint did not change alignment, or stop the pulling to the right. 

Any news since posting? That’s wild, and I’m not aware of any aftermarket parts for the nv compared to everything else. 

Same thing, pulling right,  new rotors , brakes, shock absorbers 

Ditto.  Multiple alignments needed so far.  Had a bit of confusion on the last alignment where they didn't give me the read out and it was still pulling right.  I assumed they didn't even do the alignment since it still pulled so hard.   Was nice about it and the shop boss took care of me and dug into it.  He had to put it to the attached, with the camber out of spec a bit.   The steering wheel vibrates in an odd way now but the pull isn't there like before.

To be fair, our roads here are heavily crowned and rutted here so this could be a factor but is this a thing with our vans?

Screenshot 2022-06-07 230539.jpg

How is the wheel bearing? I'm assuming they checked that with everything else, but you didn't list it, so I am.  Also does rotating tires have any effect, and if you drive over to the other side of the road, does it pull the other way?

@Alex @WanderlustAV Hey something else to check and make sure...did they reset the steering wheel position sensor after alignment?  It's a quick step on a diagnostic computer, but I was doing some research ahead of our alignment, and my Dad had a similar experience to what you are describing because the shop didn't do it.  A quick google search shows that missing this can cause all kinds of weird things.  Hope that helps.

No clue!  I will ask them to see to this next time it's in.  The "custom" alignment feels pretty great, steering wheel vibrates a little, like a tight vibration but that's my only complaint.

Did the 2012 have a steering control system?

Edited by WanderlustAV

2 hours ago, WanderlustAV said:

No clue!  I will ask them to see to this next time it's in.  The "custom" alignment feels pretty great, steering wheel vibrates a little, like a tight vibration but that's my only complaint.

Did the 2012 have a steering control system?

Yes, "steering wheel position sensor."

Edited by Local Apparent Friday