Torbs

Rear speaker output 21 NV 2500 Cargo

Hey all, 

I just bought a 21  2500 cargo hi roof which has the nav package head unit. I’d like to add rear speakers and have the framework in back for 6x9. Is there a rear output from the head unit? 
thnaks! 

Should be.  I'd be surprised if it isn't the same unit the passenger van gets.  Either way, if they still use the same one I have in my 2019 it's a pretty crappy radio.

If you get the body builder guide, there are instructions on which pins go to the rear speakers.  Note, the rear speakers are not prewired.

Look here https://www.nissan-techinfo.com/bbg.aspx

Awesome....I’ll look into it. Thank you for the info. Here is the pic of head unit. I know it has the upgraded app and nav package so no clue if it’s set up for rear speakers. I did see it’s not pre wired through body although has the speaker mounts in back. 

2BCB49C5-3289-40D6-9568-70E979A25E82.jpeg

I’m new to this....can’t find info on the radio in the body builders site. 

On 5/27/2021 at 10:22 PM, aztec said:

Should be.  I'd be surprised if it isn't the same unit the passenger van gets.  Either way, if they still use the same one I have in my 2019 it's a pretty crappy radio.

Yeah I’m not sure if same or not. It’s not super performing but has the 4 speaker front and is decent 

On 5/31/2021 at 5:58 AM, Torbs said:

I’m new to this....can’t find info on the radio in the body builders site. 

Click the link.  Go to the cargo guides (second one down, below passenger, above NV200).  Open it.  You get a PDF to view.

Scroll down to page 234

On 5/31/2021 at 6:21 AM, Torbs said:

Yeah I’m not sure if same or not. It’s not super performing but has the 4 speaker front and is decent 

I wonder if the P vans have a fade control that is missing on the cargos.  Might be a flash involved to get full use of the rear speakers.  I haven't looked to see if that "button" is on my cargo radio.

So I just did a little bit of audio install and these are my observations on a '14 cargo; The radio has the fade control front to back despite not being equipped with rear speakers.  The rear speakers are not pre-wired throughout the chassis and, unfortunately, the wires also do not exist at the radio out on the harness.  I'll end up either adding the pins myself or buying a cut out harness to put in place for my audio install.  

-laf