NVinNE

New Member from New England

Hi Folks,  I was able to buy a 2021 NV2500 high roof this summer and been slowly converting it to a camper van.  It's been difficult to find info on converting Nissan NVs to campers so I'm very thankful to have found this group!  

Welcome to the group. Not too lively in here, but there is good information to be found pertaining to the NV. I'm also in NE and have been very slowly converting our 2018 NV2500. Most of the mqjor systems are in place (insulation, floor, walls, water tank & plumbing for sink & outside shower, bed w/ storage underneath, power system w/ solar panels up top). Need to finish interior ceiling/lighting and fabricate  couple of cabinets to call it 'finished'.

Welcome. 

We all agree that this site is “not too lively.” You will have to dig deep to get links?

eurocampers just had or has a sale on NV racks. Still $$$$. They have sale bin as well. 

Vanlifers just sent me an email on how to winterize camper vans. Not so much of an issue in AZ. 

Good of luck on your project. 

Once you guys are done with conversions and traveling, head for the North Maine Woods if you've never been.  Used to live up that way and LOVED exploring up there.  They sell a thing called the "Gazetteer" which is pretty much the bible for roads up that way.  Best of luck with your buildouts!

- LAF

@cojo    Thank you and nice to meet you...I'm in Massachusetts, BTW.  Sounds like you've accomplished quite a bit on your build!  I feel like things are dragging a bit on my van because I'm waiting for it to go to the upfitter...they're crazy busy...but hopefully they'll be able to start work before the end of the year.   I noticed that there isn't much action on this site relative to PM and Transit forums but still happy to be able to have a source for Nissan NV specific questions!

@radin2son   Thank you for your welcome and good wishes...nice to meet you.  I'll check out the info on winterizing...something I'll need to learn about. 

@Local Apparent Friday   Thank you for your welcome and good wishes.  I'll take a look at the "Gazetteer."  I hope to make a trip or two up north...I've never been to that part of Maine and have heard that it's beautiful.