MikeRojoFive

Battery Replacement / Proper Sizing and Specs

Good evening!  I am a long time lurker on the forum and first time poster.  I am the original owner of a 2015 Nissan NV Passenger SV with the 6 cylinder 4.0L engine and the "Tech Package".  The van has about 62500 miles and I bought it in June 2015.

It still has the original battery and I want to replace it before winter sets in because I find it hard to believe that it will make it through this winter.  I have never had battery last longer than 5 years on my other vehicles and this one is now 6.5 years old.  The vehicle is always parked in an insulated garage.

The dealer quoted me $189 plus tax to replace the battery.  I went to Costco and was told I could select a Group 24F ($99) or Group 27F ($94) INTERSTATE battery.

The 24F is dimensionally smaller than the factory battery and so I imagine that the plastic protective shroud and tie down won't fit it properly.

The 27 F appears to be of similar width and length to the factory battery but it is also about 2 inches taller and so I suspect the tie down rods will be too short to secure the tie down on top of it because I only see about an extra 1.5" of thread above the washers right now.

What batteries have you found success with?  Have you found one that closely matches the dimensions of the factory original and also meets the specs for power and cranking amps?

Thanks for your support!

Mike