Bikeboy80

Airbag Disable

I am looking into purchasing a 3500 high top to replace my aging Express van.

Does anyone know if there is a way to turn off or disable the passenger side airbag(s)?

My 2-1/2 year old son rides shotgun with my on a daily basis and I don't feel safe putting him there unless the airbag can be turned off.

Thanks

After consulting a 13 NV sales brochure, no air bag cut off switch is listed. The seat mounted side airbag, at least for 13, is optional as is the roof mounted airbag. I guess i would look for an NV without the optional bags and go from there.

That stinks...could be a deal killer for me. Messing around with the airbag system just isn't my idea of a good time. The Nissan engineers thought about so many good and innovative features for a work van, it seems odd they omitted something as simple as a manual cutoff switch for the passenger airbags.

Well, one option would be to look at a Ford E-series cargo van. I know they have an optional air bag off switch. I realize this is the wrong forum to say that..lol. You could bolt one of these between the front seats...http://www.discountvantruck.com/vanjumpseat/vancenterseat.htm  and get him away from the bags.

I haven't looked at the ford yet but I was looking at some of the Chevy cutaways with either just the rear box or one with the exterior bins. Of all I have seen on the local lots every one is the work truck model, no power windows/locks, cruse control etc. Seems a bit crazy to spend 30k+ and not have some of these simple things.