Sign in to follow this  
paulwallen

Looking for some feedback

Hi kids, 

We currently have a Ford E250 van for a security/electronics business. I'm looking at buying a NV soon. Looking for some feedback and info from experienced owners about the performance and reliability on the NV, mainly gas mileage and storage space. 

Here is what my customers have told me. They love the extra room of the NV especially the top half. The 4.0 six is the choice for mose of my inner city customers. The 5.6 for towing and loads consistantly over 1500 pounds seems to work better. The first few units in service here in Phoenix are still on the road with almost 300K! My customer says he has experienced lower overall cost especially in the brake and major repair areas. He is converting his entire fleet of 29 GM and Fords to Nissan NV's.

If you have more than a few units give me a call....or send me an e-mail at pcassata@vtaig.com

Storage area should be about the same as your Ford unless you get the High Roof. There are new shelving & storage packages available for the high roof models that are so new that they are not in the Adrian Steel catalogs yet. They are made to utilize the extra height. If you are the user of the van you may like the High Roof Model. It's the most important thing that sold me on the NV. No more duck walking in the back!

You will appreciate more passenger room & the smoother ride of the NV. Go to Nissan's Commercial vehicle website to see videos of all the features that are available.

If your an electronics/Security installer I would imagine a  2500 V6 would suit your needs unless you haul or tow heavy loads.

Fuel economy is on par with comparable Ford & Chevy vans. Just search the forum here. It has been discussed many times. Sometimes people think "Nissan" & expect 40 MPG because of their passenger vehicle reputation. These are commercial vehicles & are made for work. If you are thinking better fuel economy you will be very disappointed.

If you look at the Nissan Commercial Vehicle website you will quickly see who Nissan is marketing these vehicles to: The people who actually use them. Nissan has practically ignored the large fleet market. Nissan built these vans for the comfort & convenience of those of us who who work out of our vans every day & want something better than the basic transportation that has been offered in the past by Ford, Chevy & Dodge.

The above post will probably be the best indicator of reliability. These vans have only been out for 2 years. Too early to really tell what maintenance costs & reliability will be. I'm personally banking on Nissan's past reputation in passenger vehicles. They have been very reliable. Hope I'm right!

I have a 2012 Nissan 2500 NV van (15,300 miles as of Oct 1, 2013), purchased in October, 2012 from Korum's Nissan in Puyallup, WA. I too am getting a rubbing noise from my steering column as I turn the wheel. I had the power steering assembly and pitman arm replaced at 7,169 miles and 14,278 miles by two different authorized Nissan NV dealers. The sound is already starting up again and is very irritating. I just called the Korum's Nissan and the service guy says they have replaced the power steering assembly for other NV vans. He also says Nissan does not have a fix and I'm wondering if they are even working on it or are they just going to let the warranty clock run out and call it a cost of doing business. I would not recommend this vehicle. Also, is this a safety issue?

at this point everyone who buys these vans is taking a gamble... there are few of these vans around now and the ones that are around have low miles.... only time will tell. so far the vans have been decent for the most part, on minor issues here and there... but the NV is definatley the most comfy, best performing van out of the econoline, express and sprinter. as for fuel economy, im pleased with my MPG's... get about 14 MPG but i have around 2000lbs of gear and a loaded ladder rack

I'm an electrician and have had my nv for 8 months. You absolutely cannot beat the high roof model for this type of work, it's comfortable and easy to work out of.