Anyone put a turbo on a NV3500 v8 ? 

I'll say not on a van, but check over on the Titan forums.  I bet someone has done it over there.

That’s a good idea. I need to up the horsepower! NV3500 SL 4x4

How oversized of a tire are you running?  You might just need proper axle gearing. 

I know of those.  But was looking for tire size and gear ratio first.  If the gearing is wrong for the tire size, that will more than eat any gains by adding more power.

On 6/3/2022 at 6:46 AM, crusty said:

How oversized of a tire are you running?  You might just need proper axle gearing. 

Running 35s 

Depending on what gearing you have stock, you really should have 3.92 or 4.11 gearing (instead of the stock 3.36 or 3.54) to get back to stock performance.  Both those ratios exist. 

That will get you back to close to stock driving force.  How it felt with stock tires on it.  Trying to make more power to cover that you can't deliver it to the ground efficiently will just be disappointing.

On 6/3/2022 at 6:46 AM, crusty said:

Running 35s 

1 hour ago, crusty said:

Depending on what gearing you have stock, you really should have 3.92 or 4.11 gearing (instead of the stock 3.36 or 3.54) to get back to stock performance.  Both those ratios exist. 

That will get you back to close to stock driving force.  How it felt with stock tires on it.  Trying to make more power to cover that you can't deliver it to the ground efficiently will just be disappointing.

Got it, super helpful. Even with stock, the front end torque has always been terrible. 

I’m liking the idea of a titan supercharger with tuned to torque 450 or 500 hp would be wild, although expensive hp for getting off the line. 

it also leads to many questions about the engine block and if it can handle additional psi. 

So.  There is an S/C kit that exists.  Some other options for horsepower, as I have been briefly looking down that path, are cajun b pipe headers and b pipes, which solve the cracking manifold problem, a cold air intake (I believe Airaid is still the top dog,) and a tune like Uprev.  There is also a guy on FB called preformance that has amazing gains (+100hp) from custom dual runner intake manifolds married to LS throttle bodies as well as R8 coil swaps, which seems insane to me but he swears that there is nothing else being done to the engines and he's posting dyno charts to that effect.  It seems that the VK is starving for air.  

58 minutes ago, Local Apparent Friday said:

So.  There is an S/C kit that exists.  Some other options for horsepower, as I have been briefly looking down that path, are cajun b pipe headers and b pipes, which solve the cracking manifold problem, a cold air intake (I believe Airaid is still the top dog,) and a tune like Uprev.  There is also a guy on FB called preformance that has amazing gains (+100hp) from custom dual runner intake manifolds married to LS throttle bodies as well as R8 coil swaps, which seems insane to me but he swears that there is nothing else being done to the engines and he's posting dyno charts to that effect.  It seems that the VK is starving for air.

59 minutes ago, Local Apparent Friday said:

Thanks! Very interesting. Would you mind sharing the guy on Facebook?