dented

Advanced 4x4 in SLC converts the NV to 4x4, and Aluminess does now make bumpers for it!

I ran across this today on Facebook. 

Last time I was down at their shop, I saw one being converted, and this might be the same one. 

It's growing on me, but I think I will miss all the room in the back I have in my E350 EB. 

Still, it's new and probably more reliable, plus that tall tall door! 

post-338-0-57580500-1393029303_thumb.jpg

post-338-0-56985800-1393029311_thumb.jpg

Thanks for these "Dented" - I wonder what wheels were on the van...

I would love a winch mount, esp after seeing how easily the thing gets stuck in the snow.  lol.    Its just a shame since the van has a nice metal bumper.  I might just go for some d shackles on the stock frame possitions

Elfmaze, I wanted a winch mount grille guard but it looks like there isn't one available. How bad is it in the snow? I just purchased the passenger version and was hopeful the weight on the rear wheels would help a bit in the snow.

Olaf, since you are in Nevada, you shouldn't have much trouble finding a fabricator to make one. There is a lot of off road and prerunner groups down there, and there is sure to be some independent fabricators that can make one, or adapt one easily for you. That's the route I am going, a custom prerunner style with winch mount to replace the OE bumper. The Aluminess model is nice because they are light, but it is HUGE. We want to reduce the bulky look of the front end, while getting better clearance and capability, not crush deer and plow snow. 

I'm from PA, NV was in reference to current vehicle :-)

Oh, I feel like a dolt now. 

Still, there is a healthy off road community there too, but more Jeeps as far as I know. A truck fabricator is a truck fabricator in my estimation, should be able to get something put together. 

Love the 4x4 have  a black 2500 high top what is approx. cost to convert to 4x4?

There site says around 11k or so

11k base, plus about 300 for a 1.5" lift, or 800 for a 3" lift. 

Aluminess lists the NV on their site:

http://www.aluminess.com

They have listed front and rear bumpers, roof racks, and boxes/racks for the rear bumper.

I'm unfortunately in the market for a front bumper after hitting a black bear.  I don't know how they will price out compared to the factory chrome bumper, a fog light, the bumper grille, two sonar sensors, and some of the plastic in the wheel well on the driver's side.

The bumper is hideous, but it will do if you must have one with a winch. I have been trying to find a fabricator to make one for me, but haven't had any luck yet. 

im still hoping for someone to develop a bolt on brush guard with a winch mount

Anyone know what the aftermarket bullbars mount to? Thinking a plate could be added to one for winch mounting....

Knowing the hours and pain Aluminess went through to make our bumpers right I'm not sure a cobbled together solution would work.

Plus, what size winch are you going to mount? Our is a 9,900 GVW van that will weight at least 7k, 8k, maybe 8,500 when the interior buildout is done. Using the industry 1.5 minimum winch sizing that's at least a 15k winch. We chose the Warn 16.5Ti. And that big brick would not fit in a bumper any smaller.

the bullbars mount where the tow hooks go, I have a 10k winch sitting on a shelf.  I know it's not the 1.5x winch sizing but wasn't planning on using it to pull myself out of deep mud just in a circumstance of low traction like when i get stuck in snow or a slippery dirt road.  

On 3/13/2014 at 4:30 PM, coltsfan1 said:

Love the 4x4 have  a black 2500 high top what is approx. cost to convert to 4x4?

I paid 13k to Advanced 4wd to convert my 2017 NV3500 with a 2"lift. Super happy with the performance. 

Edited by joejacktalcum