Zachary

LED Cabin Lights

So there’s already a very old thread on this, but so far as I can tell all of the linked products are discontinued, so I’m starting a new thread to chronicle my efforts to track down LED bulbs that work as replacements for my NV’s anemic ceiling-mounted fireflies. ?  

If anyone already has a good lead on replacement bulbs, please chime in! Otherwise, I’m going to experiment with a few options and report back on the results.  ? 

Hmm… this kit looks really interesting- even let’s you choose colors per row and has an option for the front door lights and license plate.

https://hidkitpros.com/shop/2012-2018-nissan-nv-led-interior-lighting-package/

I’m pretty sure it’s overpriced vs sourcing the actual lights myself, but getting everything in one kit sounds appealing. Has anyone else heard of these?

Well, from what I can tell, the reviews for HID Kit Pros are solid, and I'm a sucker for a good all-in-one kit. Also ordered their LED conversion for the foglights. Will report back on the results. I've already installed the LED Torchbeams on LAD's suggestion, and they work great! Hoping to have an all-LED setup in the next week or two.

Torchbeams are great.  We did full LED conversion as well, but purchased everything via amazon.  Word of caution; if you swap the turn signals to LED, they will fast blink and there does not seem to be an easy way around it, as the relay is built in to the BCM.  You can supposedly add resistors in-line on the lights themselves, but I cannot directly confirm.

The kit arrived, so hopefully this weekend I'll be putting in at least the cabin lights and door lights - license plate and LED fog lamps may have to wait till Spring, as it's getting to be awfully cold for exterior work (and the NV doesn't fit in our garage).

Installation couldn’t have been easier. The kit even included a small trim removal tool (I had one of my own, but it was a bit oversized for the job, so the included tool was handy). I was a little afraid I was going to break a lens with all the prying, but everything came out and went back together in one piece. Very happy with the result! 

A question: does anyone know how to remove the license plate light covers? Can they be pried out as well, or do I need to remove the trim piece on the door?

1724BCA1-D8A0-4199-A616-99AADD60E5B6.jpeg

1BFD453C-06A8-486E-9F74-DB2822CB5E01.jpeg

E9381568-9C7F-436E-B533-CE52EDF98F23.jpeg

364E9B49-05D1-4553-9BCD-FBD9078BDCE0.jpeg