WhiteWale1974

New here with a 2021 Nv2500 camper/tow/chase van.

Hello!   I’ve had my van for about a year and a half and have built it out to a degree. I use it for emergent camping needs and towing for trips we take for motorcycle adventures or whatever else comes up.  I was encouraged to check the forum out on some of the FB pages I’m on.  

2021 NV2500 with about 5k miles.  Love

the thing.   

Richard and Erica are our names and we hope to get to know everyone.  

Thanks.  

628DE74B-1D54-44DE-8629-2B699B63E0F2.jpeg

B4F7F203-D25C-440F-9572-7E22AD19F57E.jpeg

ED9627DA-800F-433D-906C-BC6D69BBE047.jpeg

33A785F0-26FC-43A5-9D88-05F12429F4F6.jpeg

6C2AB86C-A595-4C07-9DF0-4F141E3C1ACF.jpeg

0413E462-118B-40AA-83DC-0936078DCCFF.jpeg

Welcome. Great build. 

Reminds me of some of the Outside Van builds. 

Nice touches all over and cool colours! Great job.

17 hours ago, radin2son said:

Welcome. Great build. 

Reminds me of some of the Outside Van builds. 

Thanks.   I'll look that up.   

Outside Vans (Portland, OR) are 1off builds and usually over the top Mercedes. Only one NV. Back in 2012, they were over $100k. Builder got it right about the cool colours. I like the functional layout. 

Colorado Camper Van is another good source for ideas. They listed NVs at one point. 

An interesting topic under conversions is “Magic.”  A climbing couple built it. 

Interested to see how your van looks when in use. We are constantly taking out and putting gear away. It’s a never ending learning process. 

Edited by radin2son

Sweet van!  We use our hightop for moto adventures as well...if you happen to be hanging around the east coast road racing and track scene, hit us up.  Welcome to the forums.

On 11/9/2022 at 3:01 PM, radin2son said:

Outside Vans (Portland, OR) are 1off builds and usually over the top Mercedes. Only one NV. Back in 2012, they were over $100k. Builder got it right about the cool colours. I like the functional layout. 

Colorado Camper Van is another good source for ideas. They listed NVs at one point. 

An interesting topic under conversions is “Magic.”  A climbing couple built it. 

Interested to see how your van looks when in use. We are constantly taking out and putting gear away. It’s a never ending learning process. 

This is the only pic I could find of the bed in play. I still need to do something with the back doors clearly.    As you could probably see from the other pics, the table collapses to the benches, another panel magically emerges and then the mattress is assembled using a variety of separate cushions.   

If I'm being honest though, I would not recommend the "convertible dinette floor plan" to anyone.   To your point perhaps, it requires too many moving parts and is a hassle.    We were tied to the plan thinking we'd spend real time sitting at the table eating and whatever else but in reality, once we set the bed up the first time, it stays that way the rest of the trip for the most part.   This design sacrifices a ton of storage potential and creates too many moving parts.   

I'm going to reconfigure it this winter.   

sleeping.jpg

On 11/10/2022 at 9:59 PM, Local Apparent Friday said:

Sweet van!  We use our hightop for moto adventures as well...if you happen to be hanging around the east coast road racing and track scene, hit us up.  Welcome to the forums.

We are going to do some track days around the NJ/PA/MD/DE/VA area next year.   I was a driving instructor in cars forever and have spent a ton of time at tracks like Summit, VIR, Pocono and NJMP so I can't wait to get out there on the bikes soon.    

Hit us up!  Figured you had to be close with Sheehy plates.  We ride primarily with N2...the places you just mentioned are basically all the same tracks we ride.  Should be at NCBike starting in Apr and then will be hitting Pittrace, NJMP, and Summit on the reg.  Will probably try for that RoadAtl round in July as well, but we also work pit for a sprint team and an endurance team, so I have to see how the schedule is going to shake out.  What're ya riding?

15 hours ago, Local Apparent Friday said:

Hit us up!  Figured you had to be close with Sheehy plates.  We ride primarily with N2...the places you just mentioned are basically all the same tracks we ride.  Should be at NCBike starting in Apr and then will be hitting Pittrace, NJMP, and Summit on the reg.  Will probably try for that RoadAtl round in July as well, but we also work pit for a sprint team and an endurance team, so I have to see how the schedule is going to shake out.  What're ya riding?

I have a Ducati Hypermotard and Erica has a Scrambler 800 and a Kawi Z400.     How about you? 

I shouldn't admit this, but given the logistics/motel options, I sleep in my NV at Fontana.  I bring the 10R there on a Joe Hauler.  It's quite the camper build.  I take out a few tool bags, throw in my gear, and sleep on a memory foam mattress rolled out in the back.  Cozy.

It's okay, I don't think anybody here is going to shame you.  I still need to update our thread....we have a side t window and a built-in futon now. 

Would that be a zx-10r?  We haul in an enclosed, but it's a lot of equipment and tools that gets loaded up, and we use pitbull mounts, which are amazeballs if you've never heard of them.  Another guy who only has to bring fuel and 1 bike just mounted his TRS right in the van, then unloads at the track and pulls his mattress down in its place, which folds against the wall like a murphy bed.  We should probably start a "motovan setup" thread to keep from jamming up whitewhale.

It would indeed be a ZX10R.  I tuned it with a Woolich setup.  Amazing stuff that.  I quit fiddling when it wanted to flip over backwards in the first 3 gears.  Another revelation was the Akra pipe.  They claimed a decent midrange boost.  I'll say.  It's now very un-10R like.  I run that thing with stock gearing. 

Nice.  I'm running a full hindle exhaust on a PCV.  I've been thinking about the woolich, but the tuner doesn't want to deal with it and I don't have a dyno.

No need for a dyno unless you want to get into the weeds with ignition mapping.  It simply stores AFR data from a broadband O2 sensor as you  ride, graphs is on a throttle/RPM matrix, and allows you to reflash the ECM in stages as you move towards the targeted AFR.  It's literally as simple as it sounds.  Any future modifications are easily tuned for without spending mad cash to redyno the bike.  I'd also like to take this opportunity to pimp (pun intended) Kurvygirl.com for all your Vesrah brake pad needs.  Awesome source for that.  No relationship, just a very happy customer.