Sign in to follow this  
Nick NV guy

Sliding door step plastic is cracked

Hi NV community,

I purchased a 2017 NV this weekend.  I noticed that the sliding door plastic step is cracked.  Does anyone have replacement advice or info?  I assume its a common problem as I had seen mention of this in a YouTube video comparing the NV and the transit.  Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks,

-Nick

@Nick NV guy If you are just wanting to keep the van as is, then replacements are readily available.  Mine was broken as well, most of the ones I have seen are, but I have only really been looking at high top cargo vans, so obviously the work life takes a toll.  The cheapest I have found is via Hart Nissan in VA, but someplace closer to you might have it cheaper by the time you factor in shipping.  If you have a buildout or are planning a buildout, then you will likely box the step out in something much more attractive.  Welcome to the forums!  

edit:  Here is the link for the step. $40

Oh and if you're patient, NNA runs a number of 15% off sales throughout the year, OR you can sign up for their MVP program for free and get discount codes that way as well, if you don't want to wait.

Edited by Local Apparent Friday

The rubber coated “buildout” step on our NV wore down to the wood years ago and I used bed liner paint to coat it. Showing a little wear but not enough to repaint. 

Expensive can of paint. Spay on is available.