Sign in to follow this  
Goldenzrule

HVAC Blend Door

Has anyone changed their own blend door?  I am wondering just how much work is it in an NV?  Some vehicles you can get access from the sides (glove box removal in some cases).  Other vehicles the entire dash has to come out.  I searched but could not really find any info on a NV.  Closest I found was a Titan.  My air does not shut off fully when off, so I assume it is a blend door issue.

Do you have the vent closed, IE set to max ac recirculation instead of fresh air?  That seems to be the difference for me in whether or not air blows when it's off.  

Re: the actuator, haven't had to replace, but you certainly wouldn't need to remove dash.  Once you remove the glove box, you have access to the entire air box.

12 hours ago, Local Apparent Friday said:

Do you have the vent closed, IE set to max ac recirculation instead of fresh air?  That seems to be the difference for me in whether or not air blows when it's off.  

Re: the actuator, haven't had to replace, but you certainly wouldn't need to remove dash.  Once you remove the glove box, you have access to the entire air box.

No matter how I set it, it will still blow air when off.  When I get some time, I'll have to remove the glovebox and take a look I guess.  Thanks