Sign in to follow this  
rvivian

Wheel compatibility?

Bought a set of used NV 2500 steel rims and had them powder coated hoping to mount alternate tires on my lifted N-6. 

They rub on the tie rods while the original N-6 wheels don't.  So I'll resell them but first I'd like to verify they are the correct rims for an NV 2500 before making a problem for someone else.

Anyone know if there is a different offset or other difference on the original N-6 wheels?  Why would one set fit and another not?

What are N6 wheels?

Post some pictures.  Words are not working to describe what you have and what you are working with.

I've got a Roadtrek N8-Active that is based on the Nissan NV 2500.  There is an N6 Active forum here with pictures of my van.  I thought all of the NV 2500 wheels ar ethe same, but apparently the offset for the standard steel wheels results in the front wheels rubbing on the tie rods of my van with a 3" lift.

Frankly I'm puzzled by it since the same lift on "regular NV 2500 vans does not require changing out the standard wheels and I saw the NV 2500 that these steel wheels came off.

Has the offset changed over the years of NV 2500 production?

NV 2500 wheels 1.jpg

NV 2500 wheels 2.jpg