Sign in to follow this  
Mbark

2019 Nissan NV3500 SV Passenger Shakes at 55-60mph braking and accelerating

I have a 2019 Nissan NV 3500 SL passenger van with 67000 miles on it. Bought it brand new. I’ve never had issues with it until the last couple of months. It started shaking at 55 miles an hour and stops shaking at 60 mph. We are about to have our mechanic look at it and would like to know if anyone knows what this is? It happens when we are breaking and accelerating. Also, if you know what the problem is, does the commercial warranty cover the repair? I would like to avoid the dealership and take it to our local mechanic unless I need to file the repair through the warranty. 

Hard to say.  First guess is tire balance and 55-60 is the sweet spot where you feel it.

Warranty won't touch that. 

I guess this topic is not super old, but I think my comment may be helpful for posterity no matter.

I had a shaking steering wheel problem for quite a while.  Especially downhill into a turn.  Scary when towing the camper.  New tires did not fix it.  Balancing seemed to help a little.  I think a little more tow-in helped too at the alignment shop.  (BTW - not every shop can handle the big vans.)  But finally I stumbled into a long-term solution.  Discount Tire, by chance, applied the wheel weights to the inside of the wheel rim, rather than pounding them into the outside of the wheel rim. So they are not visible anymore either, and I thought they just forgot to add weight at first.  This solved the problem.  Now I would think a sophisticated tire balancing shop/system could put the weights precisely where they are needed (inside/outside), but I don't know.  I also don't think Discount Tire spins the tire fast enough, but they are fine now for a couple years, so there you have it.   

For the record, we use Cooper tires on stock rims with chrome hub caps.  Nothing special.

Larry