Chris_CommercialManager

Just drove an NV with 267,000 Miles, Original Powertrain

I'm only about 4-5 months in with the Nissan product, so when an expediter showed up this weekend with his trade showing 267,000 miles I was excited to check it out.  The most I had seen previously was about 150,000.

So the vehicle itself, 2012 NV3500 SV V8.  I did take it in a trade and I had the chance to drive it for about 15 miles.  After the drive I got out and was nothing short of impressed.  The engine was responsive, no ticks or strange noises.  The vehicle itself was very tight....honestly there was no strange creaking or rattles, button faces were not worn off, really nothing to mention, other than rock chips and normal wear and tear from a cosmetic standpoint inside the bed from all the cargo the vehicle was exceptional.  Other than normal maintenance, and I think an alternator he said the thing has not had one single issue.  I think this thing has a whole ton of miles left on it.

Just thought you guys would like to know!

Good news for NV owners. Even better if the service history was available to back up the reliability of these high mileage NVs.

He traded for another....he purchased 2500SV V8 HR.  And honestly he could have easily kept running the truck but that's just the life cycle that he is comfortable with on his vehicles. 

What is really crazy is that he has driven more miles in a given period of time than anyone that I can think of in recent past that I've dealt with.  As if 267k since 2012 isn't wild enough, the vehicle hasn't been driven in 6 months.  He took time off and the vehicle was idle just doing a local errand here and there he said.

That's roughly 9000 miles a month over 30 months. Was it serviced once, twice, three times a month? Severe or not severe use? Whatever it was, Nissan needs to rewrite the recommended service to reflect what he did.

Motor Trend came up with 41% resale value for NVs after 5 years. If based on low or normal mileage, they may have to recalculate this, or we may not be changing vehicles.

I'm gong to go out on a limb and guess that this guy isn't really all that impressed with the 100,000 mile warranty:). Doesn't even last a year.....!

Don't know where he got this from, and he definitely isn't a gear head, but he was changing oil ever 8k, stayed strictly on mobil 1.  Even when he was running with a load, he always kept it to 60 with cruise on the highway.  In all reality that is very easy on a vehicle, about as easy as it could possibly be.  I can't say for sure how much life that powertrain has left in it but lets say that you could jump into a truck with 20k and I don't think you'd know which one was which.

If anyone would like to know what I gave him on trade PM me.  I just feel that maybe it's wrong to put up publicly.

On the other hand - I sold my 2007 E-250 last November with 72K miles. My NV should last me at least 25 years.