Sign in to follow this  
radin2son

How many NVs can you sell?

Truck Trend reports that 1188 NVs have been sold so far this year. Is this a case of too few being built or too few sold? The article actually is about a leak that Sprinters will be built in the US. It also lists units sold for Sprinters, Transits and ProMasters.

Last time, I was at the dealer, there were 2 high tops on the front lot. None in the rear and no NV 200s. Yet, seeing more in town, almost all cargo vans. Yesterday, saw a white high top, camper conversion (?) with a fan/vent on the roof. If this was SMB, this would be known as a "sighting." Actually, SMB "sightings" almost always are E-series 4x4s. So, never mind.

Edited by radin2son

I bought my 3500 high top 12/30/14. The dealer had about 30 NV's in stock and there were another 10 dealers within 50 miles with another 150 plus to chose from. Of course no 2015's at the time. But lots of 2014's in a combination of cargo, passenger and 200's on the lot.

No shortage here.

Rick

Well having just come from the factory and hearing from dealers all over this great country of ours there is definitely a shortage in general and a few other factors leading to muted sales numbers.  I will tell you for a fact Nissan is adding another shift at the plant and production will be doubled.  I take everything I can get here, literally everything...and I'm still forced to reach out for more sometimes. 

On our recent trip to Florida, I was amazed at how many more NV's I saw in all of the southern states, versus Michigan. I maybe see 5 a week up here..... Down south I bet I saw 50 a week.

Edited by andy_george

On our recent trip to Florida, I was amazed at how many more NV's I saw in all of the southern states, versus Michigan. I maybe see 5 a week up here..... Down south I bet I saw 50 a week.

I'm in MI, too. Detroit area. I see almost no hi-tops and very few lo-tops. Although the Suburu dealer down the street uses a hi-top as a parts truck. Very few dealers can service the hi-tops, so I think there are only two dealers in the state who sell them. When I bought mine last October, there were only two hi-tops on the lot. Almost like they're trying to avoid selling them.

Edited by Chris Dempsey

I'm in MI, too. Detroit area. I see almost no hi-tops and very few lo-tops. Although the Suburu dealer down the street uses a hi-top as a parts truck. Very few dealers can service the hi-tops, so I think there are only two dealers in the state who sell them. When I bought mine last October, there were only two hi-tops on the lot. Almost like they're trying to avoid selling them.

That is sad to hear :(  I don't know if you guys remember any of my first posts here but the situation is such that many dealerships do not know how to handle the commercial vehicles and their consumers.  

It is kind of comical when we drive up to Jim Click Nissan and dwarf all other vehicles as we approach the service entrance. Then reality sets in. Watch the mirrors! They barely fit. Never looked up, so don't know if a high top has to watch the mirrors and top. Still, it is great having NV service 5 miles away...