hawk259

New NVP in Indianapolis

Hello,

We purchased a new arctic blue 2015 NVP SL back in February, aka: The Beast.

I had been looking at Ford and Chevy passenger vans for a while, but the wife didn't like them.  One day she comes home and says I saw a passenger van that I like and it kinda looks like a oversized cube.

Started looking for a used one and there was nothing close for sale, then a local dealer listed a used 2012 arctic blue NVP SL with 20k miles on their web site with a "call for price" listing.  They also had a 2012 NVP S listed as well, so we stop by to talk to them and the SL was purchased at auction out of NY, would be in about a week and they planned on listing it for $33,999.  We test drove a java 2015 NVP SL while were there and told them we wanted the 2012 and call us when it came in.

While waiting for the 2012 to come in another dealer closer to us had a arctic blue 2015 NVP SL on the lot, so we decided to see if they would be willing to deal at all as the dealer up north wouldn't budge off MSRP.  This one came with splash guards, carpeted front floor mats and technology package for a total of MSRP of $41,035.  Dealer marked it down to $38,969.  Talked them down another $2,500 off for a total of $36,469 plus tax and fees.  Needless to say we jumped at it at.

People think we were nuts for getting it instead of a something else, but all it takes is one ride with 2+ adults, five kids and they soon realize it wasn't so crazy.  Especially with the price compared to a new mini-van, suburban or expedition.  Just can't bet the value and space compared to the other options.

We have added the rear carpeted floor mats and plan on adding the side-window deflectors and tailer brake.

Cheers,

Brian

post-985-0-62054900-1426883446_thumb.jpg

post-985-0-92339400-1426883489_thumb.jpg

Edited by hawk259

Congrats on the great deal on the new ride! We got the '15 SL in Arctic Blue as well, even though we were looking for the Garnet. Very glad we went through with blue!

I thought our deal was fair at $38,600. They threw in some extras and gave me a great, no-questions-asked deal on the trade. Probably one of the least stressful car buying experiences I've ever had. McGavock Nissan in Wichita did good by us!