Before I ruin any of the predrilled/threaded holes in my cargo van interior...

I did search thru' forum topics and did not find the answer...

- Does anyone know what SIZE screw fits in those holes??

I am assuming I should get a "for metal" screw.

And if there is a recommended type, as far as strength and durability, please advise.

Many thanks.

Go over to Ace Hardware and have someone take a look. This is a difficult topic to discuss without double meaning...

Have you checked out Van Life blogs and videos? Mostly VWs and young couples, but you may get some build ideas. They also are fun to read even if they think they discovered van travel.

Several van life bloggers are sponsored by Goal Zero. Interesting way to power your electric use if you decide to add that at some point. You always have NV's inverter in the interim. We met a NV SMB couple who used this to brew tea. I wonder if the Nissan engineer was a tea drinker or if this was an unintended benefit.

Edited by radin2son

8mm BOLT with a 1.25 thread pitch - if I remember correctly for most of the attachment points in the ceiling and sidewalls. Length, of course, will be determined by what you are doing.

DD- As Wollip mentioned, "Bolt" not screw. There are wood screws, metal screws, etc., but with bolts, you just need to match the size and thread coarseness or TPI (threads per inch). Metric is a bit different - and these are metric bolts. Buy an 8 millimeter/1.25 and see if it threads properly. Don't force it; you will be able to tell if it's the correct bolt pretty quickly. Bolts come in different quality grades, but these are big enough that you shouldn't need to worry about that, unless you're hanging very heavy priceless antiquities.

Good luck with bolting your build together.

HI , I just found the site.

What are the threading sizes for the holes on the top on the roof for mounting?

Would it be safe to use extra batteries that are inside enclosed containers with vent holes for batteries, and place them inside the cargo area? The cab and cargo have no separation.

The dealership service manger where I bought this, says that I should wait until 12,000 miles to have an alignment. I felt the misalignment on day zero (the day I signed).  He said that it needs to ''settle'' and then call for alignment at 12,000 miles. I feel .unsafe and sick in my stomach to know the tires are not aligned (the wheel needs to be steered way to the L in order to begin driving ahead and straight , from a stop.   WHAT TO YOU THINK?   (The manager seems to avoid my calls). When the service manager said that it needs to wait so many miles, was a face to face conversation with him and the sales MGR.

I have not even had it for a month.  What would YOU do?  I don't wanna piss off the sales MGR.  

Is this a proper place to discuss electrical ?

Take it to an independent shop and get the alignment checked.  That should "settle" it.

Agree with aztec. You could always pay the dealer but an independent shop would be better.   

Wouldn’t worry about the sales manager as it isn’t in the job description to care about sold vehicles. Then there is the limited life expectancy of NV production. 

Like the energy of all your posts. The site’s pulse rate went up. 

Take it back to the dealer.  Mention that if they don't fix it, they can buy you a new set of tires.  It's in warranty.

If that fails, contact Nissan customer service and complain about the dealer.  Nissan hates dealers that treat customers poorly.  And you will get corporate breathing down the dealers back.

Remember the dealer is an independent franchise.  All they do is resell Nissan product.  They are no way owned by Nissan.  If the dealer sucks too much, they risk loosing the franchise.  About the only dealership that is owned by the manufacturer in the united states is Tesla.  And in many states they cannot sell because they are not going through a dealer.  And more states they are running as an exemption to dealership laws.  In other countries auto dealers are run by the manufacturers.