Sign in to follow this  
radin2son

Random ramblings

Nissan had an exhibit at the NTEA (work truck) show... 3 white vans on a bare floor in the photo. It reminded me of white vans on a Nissan lot. Why no after market 4x4 conversion sold by Nissan NV to get the attention of the business that wants/needs this? Must be the blank slate approach.

Speaking of 4x4 NV conversions. Owners appear to have migrated to expeditionportal.com but NVs 4x4 are not easy to find there. Better to search Nissan NV 4x4 to gain access to their NV forum. Most of the posts are technical, but one older post alluded to a conversation with a Nissan engineer who stated that NV sales have fallen well short of expectations. The post concluded Nissan will dump NV... Same was said about the current Titan and look what resulted, the new Titan.

Another post wanted to know where are all the many 4x4 conversions? The Kodiak NV is the exception. The AK owner and outside van have posted lots of photos. This build had to fall into the $100k+ range.

30 NV Sportsmobiles were built. Where are they?

When we tell people only 30 exist, they tell us it will hold its value. Hope so. Are the others shrink wrapped?

Finally, how did that guy get to talk to a Nissan engineer? In the west we only get to talk to Jerome, our region's go to guy at consumer affairs.

This site got me thinking about our '62 Land Rover from 40 years ago and how it would never have completed the trip south. It was a simple machine and very durable in most respects, but I would have spent a lot of time in repair shops or doing repairs on the side of the road. Once I got the tire off the hood, bonnet, it was easy to slide the aluminum hood off the latches, lean it against whatever was available, sit on the fender with my feet in the engine bay pondering what was wrong this time. Saw a restored one somewhere online for $14k+. I should have bought a Nissan Patrol when they were available here.

But we now have a Nissan. All we need is a paper map of Mexico. Near as I can tell the Nav won't work in Mexico. Rick will refer me to the manual if it does.