BuyinganNVP

What to use in place of a console?

My husband wants to save money and buy the S instead of SV. I reluctantly agreed without realizing we wouldn't have the center console. In some ways, I think it might be better as parents of young kids to more easily access the back and help them buckle, but I can't help thinking that we NEED some surface area. I drive a Sienna now and rely on my console to store a box of tissues, place a bag of snacks for the driver on a long car trip, etc.

What do all of those without consoles do in this vehicle? All aftermarket ones look small, the OEM ones are expensive (once I am paying for that and having to install it and possibly cut some stuff to size since it seems like armrests may be in the way, I can't help but think it was worth it to spend $50/month more)...even just a swingaway table would be fine. I can't find any easily that look like it would work. I have no idea if I can try to take the one I have out of my Sienna and somehow put it there....we were thinking of just putting a cooler in between the seats and using the top, but they are pretty low down and things an easily slide off of it.

Looking for some suggestions that will ease my mind and let me have peace that the S will work out fine for us.

Hopefully they chime in but I think a couple users on here use coolers and they just move them out of the way when they need to get in the back or are not needed.  My wife actually thought of doing that to my SL but I like the big center console!

Found one thread - http://nissannvforum.com/topic/333-center-console/?hl=cooler&do=findComment&comment=1510

Edited by ASD Dad

Yeah I saw that, but I don't think it would work as well for my needs -- my husband is usually doing the 8 hour trips to his family and can't easily reach down into the cooler, and I don't think we can expect anything to stay on the surface of it either. I also need tissues accessible at any given time. I'm used to a lot of storage and I think I'm going to miss it :(