Sign in to follow this  
laharview

Newbe

Hi All,

Just bought a 2015 NV2500 HD SV with the V-8, tow/tech package, and rear windows.  Going to convert her into a modest camping rig to haul around my antique tractors.

I have been searching for a decent van or truck/camper for a couple of years and all but gave up until I saw a NV2500 pulling a 30' camper into our County Fair last week.  Finally go to the dealer today and got my own!

post-1155-0-91987200-1440308672_thumb.jpg

Best Regards,

Mike

Laharview Farm

I like your style.  Keep us updated on your plans, trips, experiences.  Kevin

post-1046-0-38793600-1440338892_thumb.jpg

Edited by KMG

Great choice.

Post photos of your build and the antique tractors you tow. Family heirlooms?

What part of the country is your farm?

I am located about an hour south of Seattle.  Going to a show at Olmsted State Park outside of Ellensburg September 18-20 and this will be the maiden voyage for the NV.  Will not have much done in the way of conversion (pad on the floor and cooler) but will post photos of the tow.

We were in that area returning from AK. We ended up staying at a "private" campground, behind a motel, in front of a cemetery, off I-90 near Ritzville. Next night we stayed in Dosewallips SP. Much nicer.

We may be in the area again depending how we have to adjust our trip plans due to all the fires. Minor compared to what residents are dealing with.

You will love how your NV drives and tows. There are a lot of good high top builds on this site.

Hi Chris,

First time I saw one up close was a gal pulling a 30' camper into the county fairgrounds.  Found out how much the V-8 was rated at and set out to drive one later in the week.  Test drive was last Friday and I knew this truck fit the bill in the first 200' down the road!  Dealer let me take it home for the weekend.  Did not need that long because I bought it Saturday.  Drives great, stops great, will pull my trailer full of tractors, and has ample room in the back for what I have in mind.  The style reminds me of the late 70"s Ford Econoline I once owned except one can actually see the NV engine and easily get to the normal maintenance items.

Adding a P3 brake controller this weekend and will be ready for the next tractor show on 9-18-15.  Will post pics going over the pass.

Best Regards,

Mike