rochester

Gas milage on NV 1500

Just

Edited by rochester

Good luck with that , I've never seen any mpg figures published by Nissan . So who ya gonna sue ? The salesman that told you ? At the most I would go talk with the GM of the dealership , tell them of the issue you are facing and get out of the deal if possible . No lemon law applies as you have not given them a chance to rectify the problem yet.

My NV 1500 s low roof averages 19 to 20 around town on my daily commute , and I get into the low/mid 20's when traveling .And it's been doing it for about 65k miles now ...

It's got a whole lot to do with how you drive a 5000lb+ box 

Glenn  B)

John, I get better than that with my demo's as well.  I'm a bit confused on who you would sue, I to advise you to talk to the GM.  If someone asks me about gas mileage my standard response is 7-20mpg.  It all depends on what your using it for and how you drive.  Unloaded on my v6 demo I get waaaay better than 11.  However I drive it very easy in town and on the highway.

The bottom line is your driving a full framed box, have you seen the size of the components under the vehicle?  Your dependability and lack of unplanned visits to the dealership (lost income sitting there waiting if your using this for work) will more than make up for any gas deficit you'd have vs a diesel in a competitor product.

And FYI, fords ecoboost engine has been a MPG flop.  and dodge, well I won't go there.

You are driving the lowest cost of ownership van on the market.

Edited by Chris_CommercialManager

John, I get better than that with my demo's as well.  I'm a bit confused on who you would sue, I to advise you to talk to the GM.  If someone asks me about gas mileage my standard response is 7-20mpg.  It all depends on what your using it for and how you drive.  Unloaded on my v6 demo I get waaaay better than 11.  However I drive it very easy in town and on the highway.

The bottom line is your driving a full framed box, have you seen the size of the components under the vehicle?  Your dependability and lack of unplanned visits to the dealership (lost income sitting there waiting if your using this for work) will more than make up for any gas deficit you'd have vs a diesel in a competitor product.

And FYI, fords ecoboost engine has been a MPG flop.  and dodge, well I won't go there.

You are driving the lowest cost of ownership van on the market.

I am however sorry you feel duped by your salesperson, that would not be a feel good for me either.

Edited by Chris_CommercialManager

Don't feel too bad, my 3500 is getting under 200 miles a tank, approx 6.7mpg. I too was told and shown 15 mpg by my salesman. Of course that was before I bought it.

Rick.

I have the

2500 V6. It gets 11 -13 around town (Denver). 19-21 going up and down the mountain highways to the ski resorts in the rocky mountains.

First long distance drive today with the new NV2500 V6 HR from DC to Christiansburg, VA. 
A total of 264 miles, some of it in DC in city traffic running errands before freeway between 50-70mph, and a 30min traffic jam at 15-20mph.
The NV loaded to the brim with approximately 1,500lbs of household goods. We averaged 17.9MPG, which I am very happy about. We did drive very conservatively, lots of coasting and not gunning it up the hills.
Have an Automatic plugged into the OBD port to record fuel consumption and other stats. The Automatic stats match what I recorded at the pump. We left DC with a full tank and added just over 10 gallons after 192 miles.

Rochester,is alive and doing well,spent about 200 bucks with a chip,mileage has improved greatly as well as performance.You see I've had my medication now.Best Van I've ever owned.This thing is really built,thinking about buy another one,maybe a V8.

Happy,Happy,Happy

I think Rochester forgot his meds...