GrowingFamily

2015 Internal Temp Control at -40F

We purchased a new NV3500 this past month and right away realized that at 60 and 61 we had really cold air, but at 62 it would start blowing warmer air, and eventually hot air.  The service department thought we were crazy because the other two new vans sitting on the lot did the exact same thing.  Turns out when they hooked it up to the computer one of the internal temp controls thought the inside of the car was -40F!  Yikes!  Just thought I would give new owners a heads up to check theirs out.  The part was on national back order so I'm guessing it is a problem with many of the 2015s.

Not yet.  They replaced the part that the code told them to.  It now will not code again, but remains cold at 60/61, but then warm/hot at 62 and above.  It's cold here in MN now and I heat my car with the ac turned to 62 full blast.  We are sweating hot, or freezing cold when we go to cool down at 61.  It makes me wonder why other people are not reporting this issue.  They checked a 2013 that came in for an oil change at it did the exact same thing. 

Edited by GrowingFamily

That is so wierd..... Keep on them until it gets fixed. Or else the first NV rally may have to be held in their parking lot, if ya know what I mean....:)

lumberman1964  and andy_george

- Have you checked out your NV?  Turn the ac on and run full blast at 60, then 61, then go to 62 and see what happens.  Ours turns really hot and stays that way as you continue to move the temp up.  They have tried three repairs (two they just experimented and one was the repair that was recommended when it coded at -42 for internal temp).  We live in MN and now that we are all bundled up in winter gear, we cannot get our car to cool down.  We love our van, but this temperature thing is totally annoying! I'm curious to know if it is happening to others.  All the NV's on the dealers lots are doing they same thing as well.  It clearly does not meet factory specification, but because it won't code for them again they don't know what else to try for repair.

I'm almost afraid to try, in case it permanently screw something up...:/ ! You saying that all the vans in their lot doing the same thing is very, very wierd.... It must be a software issue on a certain run of vans...?

If I run the test soon I'll let u know...!

My guess is that whoever is supplying their sensors is giving them faulty ones?  We have a new appt at a second certified dealership on Friday.  They are working on one from their lot in the mean time to see what they come up with.