Sign in to follow this  
KMG

Van Wall Liners

I was browsing the net and found these at www.bodyguardvanliners.com.  I didn't know wall liner kits were available for the NV.  Sure would be an easy way to finish a non windowed vanpost-1046-0-43854900-1468328963_thumb.pngpost-1046-0-69308300-1468328978_thumb.png  

There should be a lot of owners interested in this (until they see a price). But it sure would save a tremendous amount of labor to offset that expense.

Be sure to watch the very short video on the vacuum forming process - it will show you a lot more about the product than you can get from a still photo.

They also indicate willingness to send out a sample of the material on request.

Looks like a great idea.  Any information on pricing? I imaging shipping charge on these would be insane.

Body Guard quoted me $1050 for the wall panels with e-rail. Great customer service. I'm expecting wall panels and roof kit for my 2500 high top in the immediate future.

Welcome to the site DaveO!  

I actually purchased and installed the kit. The shipping was $300, but they gave me a good price on the kit. I have good and bad things to say about the kit:

PROS:

The material for the sides (I choose the grey, cheaper and matches the stock interior pieces) is thick and durable.

The right side fit good with minimal trimming, which I would expect, not all vans are going to be exactly the same, so having the ends and top slightly long allowed me to trim it so it fit well. the material trims with sheet metal snips easily. I filed the edges smooth and straight.

The panels come with a insulation strip on them, but have enough room to add more if you want.

CONS:

The left side didn't fit at all in the rear. There was no provision for the grab handle, 120v outlet or the wire loom running down the corner. It is like they totally forgot to include any of those three features in the tooling die. Not having a channel for the wire loom to fit into was the worse because it pushed the panel about an inch towards the front causing it to not fit correctly. I figured out I only had two choices (since I couldn't ship it back and the company had no ideas, more on that later), cut out a strip of material and let the wire loom come through (which would make the corner weak and look terrible) or some how heat up the plastic material and press in a channel for the wire loom to set into. I choose one weekend to use a heat gun and inch by inch create a channel. It doesn't look professional, but worked.

I then had to fix the other two problems, one there being no provision for the grab handle and cutout to access the 120v outlet. Those two weren't so bad, drilling two holes for the grab handle and one larger one for the outlet. But since there was not a provision for these, the panel was about 1.5" out from the sidewall (there should have been a step in the tooling to move the panel in the 1.5") so I had to make spacers to bring the grab handle out past the panel and you have to reach in to use the outlet. If Photobucket hadn't messed with my account (and everyone elses by making them pay to post pictures on forums) I could post some pictures, I'll have to figure another way.

The two top end pieces are also molded opposite to what they should be because the texturing in on the wrong side (inside when installed) and has the smooth side out which doesn't match the side walls. it also makes the grey color on the wrong side, so I had to spray paint them grey to match the sidewalls.

When I contacted Bodyguard they said they were unaware of my fit problems as I must have some new options that the other vans didn't. They said they sold many of them and didn't have anyone else mention my complaints. I told them all the vans no matter what model had the grab handle wire loom and outlet. I said I had spent many hours making the left side fit and wanted some money back, but I never heard from them again.

Edited by Randucci

Curious how much room there was behind the panels? Enough to get any insulations back there?