Sign in to follow this  
FishHeadSoup

Audio mods to 2012 2500 with Tek pkg

Love it so far. I want to add a pair of speakers and amp = s0 I need a connection tot he existing NV radio pkg with nav. What is the easiest way to access the back conenctions of the radio? I assume that there are aux ports that I can use.

Thanks

Jim

Well....I'm working on this now. There is NO RCA output on the Nav/XMFM/CD player in my truck. The radio (I've had it out) is made by Bosch and audibly is terrible. I purchased the Metra cable connector that allowed me to connect in to the speakers and ign, batt, etc. but there is another connector for the other trigger wires for speed, parking brake, reverse sw.,, etc. Also the camera connector is separate. These connectors I've yet to find...Metra doesn't make them.

I am trying to find the factory wiring diagram, but have been unable to get the wiring functionality for the ones in question. BTW, I don't need Nav, so I am swapping out for an Alpine unit that has camera input. I temporarily connected this new unit and the audio was incredibly better! even using the factory speakers. this is why I say the factory Bosch unit is awful for audio. The bluetooth and nav, etc work great, but I am an audio person.

My plans are to install this Alpine 535 double din unit and then add a sub and upgrade the speakers. Need to find the wiring first so that I can tap into the other wires that I need to make the camera work.

LOVE the van. Added insulation and dynamat to the cab.....soooooo quiet.

OH. Sorry..... the easiest way for you to add an amp, assuming you have the head unit that I do, is to use a speaker level to line level converter, use an amp that has high level inputs or use a product from AudioControl or JL Audio Clean Sweep. The last two are processors that will make your head unit sound better and give you a digital input for an iPOD or similar. To get to the back connections to the radio you have to first remove the two vents, drivers and center ones, that exposes screws on each side to remove the larger panel to give you access to the drivers side mounting screws for the radio. there is another post that explains it better than I just did. Hope that helps. Rick

Edited by tech97elec