Cwel11

Tow mode does nothing?

Just bought a 2020 NV 2500. Really loving it for work. For some reason though when I hit tow mode absolutely nothing happens. No light. No downshifts. Nothing. I have an 18 Titan XD diesel and absolutely love tow mode. I plan on towing with the van so obviously this needs to work. Any thoughts what’s up?  

Edited by Cwel11
Misspell

Does your manual shift function work?

Does your manual shift function work?

Are you moving when you engage tow mode? For some reason our 2012 has to be stopped when we need to engage tow mode. Helps with steep down grades even when not towing. So we have to pay attention to gradient signs. With covid it has been a long time since we used our van. I can’t remember if I have to get out drive to neutral or park.  No problems disengaging it when moving.  

Wonder if if it is a DNA thing? Can we trace it back to the same worker? 

Others have been able to engage it while driving. 

Manual shift works. Tow mode nothing. Moving or stopped. Wondering if maybe a fuse. It’s only got 200 miles on it and hasn’t worked from the get go. If I can’t find a fuse, it’ll have to go to the dealer. 

Sure your not hitting the inverter switch next to the tow mode?  Does the Tow light on the dash come on?  May be the switch is not connected properly.

Lol. No I’m not hitting the inverter switch. No light, no downshifting, nothing. Checked fuses all good unless I missed something. Goes to dealer Wednesday. I’ll update. 

Solved. Had time today. Popped off the panel holding the switches. The plug was still factory taped to the wire harness. Plugged it to the switch and all is well. I’m guessing someone at the factory left something turned on at home.