radin2son

Does forum continue after 2021 demise of NVs?

And would anyone notice?

The Sportsmobile forum is “almost” exclusively E series oriented even though the last one off the Ford line was in 2014. 

Can NV’s 10 production years keep enough in circulation? Titans have been around since late 2003 and NVs basically are Titans with a van in back. Based on businesses turning NVs over at 4 years and 90k, they may still be a good buy compared to euro style vans. 

Will the forum live on?

Edited by radin2son

Good question Rad.   I’m not sure Nissan has moved enough vans to keep a site like this alive and active.  I’ve really enjoyed the last 6 years, but the low number of members and infrequent issues makes for some long boring weeks lol.  

Initially I thought Nissan Corp was involved in the forum. I believe someone said they were not, nor were they interested in the owner experience. Robert, the site moderator, could clarify this. 

In the case of Sportsmobile forum, not part of the business, it is similar to ancestry.com. E series, particularly Quigley conversions, are sold, resold and sold again, all documented on their west coast and southwest oriented forum. The Fresno facility is no more but the forum thrives. 

NVs are not likely to achieve this, but a 4 year old cargo van, with 90k and 10k warranty remaining could be a great dirtbag, minimalist dream build. 

Still seeing more and more NVs. At one traffic light, there was a NVP, a cargo NV and a high top diy camper conversion. 

Maybe GM will take over production to add to their rebadged NV 200? Who needs another euro van. 

The forum barely has a pulse now.

Maybe the Titan forum will adopt. 

It is my hope that the forums will continue despite the drop in production, and I believe it will as more and more people catch on and used values drop.  Additionally, it helps if you guys cross post on the facebook groups and whatnot in terms of good tutorials, etc...I try to direct people here as much as possible.  

Curious: who actually runs this forum? Are there maintenance/hosting costs? It certainly is a valuable resource and I'd hate to see it go offline. Just the archives alone would be worth a small subscription fee, IMHO.

NV Guide in the distant past and now Robert run the site. There is a “contact us” link. Probably no need as laf is the moderator. 

On 11/15/2022 at 11:04 PM, Zachary said:

It certainly is a valuable resource and I'd hate to see it go offline. 

My sentiments exactly, which is what prompted me to reach out a couple months back.  Prior to that, it had been some time since anybody from admin had [actively] checked in.  TBH the mod duties are relatively light.  Whatever anti-spam measures Robert has built/is using do a bangup job of keeping out most of the riff raff. 

No spam that I remember seeing so, yes, great job. FYI I never access this site on phone, and am barely on FB so I don't see the stuff there so glad I can hang out here.