Sign in to follow this  
Nissaron

Buying NV2/3500 High Roof #2

ADVICE APPRECIATED! 

Hello all! I'm not new to the forum but I RARELY post (plus I haven't had an NV in over a year now).  This forum has always been great to me though! LONG story short, I had a great 2013 NV2500 V6 high roof that I turned into a gorgeous camper (with an S-Load of help from my carpenter friend). Technically though she was still a work in progress, but I had such great plans for her... in August 2019 she was totaled. ROSIE! My dear sweet Rosie! I LOVED HER SO MUCH!!!!!

*ahem*

Anyway, I am searching for a new one! Time for camper 2.0!!! I want the same thing, but new enough that there is still a little bit of that fancy 5yr/100k warranty on it (at least a year). The only difference is this time I think I'm going with a V8.  

SOOOOOO..... any advice on buying one? My first purchase experience was not great but I also know a billion times more about these vans now. Any advice on any lil detail is appreciated. Hell, even purchase sites... I'm currently stalking....

carmax, cars, autotrader, cargurus dot com + craigs list.

I just missed a sweet one online (in Ohio... I'm in San diego, CA)... she was a "Cheyenne Red" 2018 *swoon* but I know anything other than white is nearly impossible. SILVER would be the holy grail! I like red more, but silver would attract less sun. 

ADVICE APPRECIATED!

conversiontrader.com had 2-3 hightop NVs for sale. Most if not all were V6s and completed diy projects. 

Worth a look. Plug in Nissan in the search link. Otherwise you will b scrolling through way too many Sprinters and ProMasters. 

Good luck with your search. 

On 4/15/2021 at 7:57 PM, ajwjunk said:

ADVICE APPRECIATED! 

Hello all! I'm not new to the forum but I RARELY post (plus I haven't had an NV in over a year now).  This forum has always been great to me though! LONG story short, I had a great 2013 NV2500 V6 high roof that I turned into a gorgeous camper (with an S-Load of help from my carpenter friend). Technically though she was still a work in progress, but I had such great plans for her... in August 2019 she was totaled. ROSIE! My dear sweet Rosie! I LOVED HER SO MUCH!!!!!

*ahem*

Anyway, I am searching for a new one! Time for camper 2.0!!! I want the same thing, but new enough that there is still a little bit of that fancy 5yr/100k warranty on it (at least a year). The only difference is this time I think I'm going with a V8.  

SOOOOOO..... any advice on buying one? My first purchase experience was not great but I also know a billion times more about these vans now. Any advice on any lil detail is appreciated. Hell, even purchase sites... I'm currently stalking....

carmax, cars, autotrader, cargurus dot com + craigs list.

I just missed a sweet one online (in Ohio... I'm in San diego, CA)... she was a "Cheyenne Red" 2018 *swoon* but I know anything other than white is nearly impossible. SILVER would be the holy grail! I like red more, but silver would attract less sun. 

ADVICE APPRECIATED!

I'm actually a carpenter moving from pickup topper to NV cargo/overland conversion.  Can you tell more about your first experience and what would you change or now are looking for in 2nd, beside V8 and 4x4 (me).

A new post for a NV hightop V8 conversion on conversiontrader.

The 4x4 hightop listed for sale here also showed up for sale. 

Problem with conversiontrader is they don’t have sold info.

MY MAN! Just searching through the forums and wanted to let you know, my Nissan dealership landed our FINAL 2 3500's. Both Pearl Tri-coat White, still in PDI at the moment. Just wanted to let you know, send me a text or call at 406-885-6276. We recently delivered an NV3500 to Vegas on Company dollar, SO ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE. LET ME KNOW BROTHA.