michaelp1963

Fuel Mileage Indicator

First thought I was crazy, test drove an NV a month or so ago, and it had the MPG indicator on the dash. Both an identical unit, and this one, don't have the MPG indicator. I read where someone else stated, they had one and it disappeared. Anyone else having this issue?

When I was looking at the NV200 a few months ago , The salesman was checking out the mods to the inside of my 1500s (rear seat , trim , etc...) And we got to talking , he mentioned that Nissan was deleting the MPG indicator on the '13 models . Due to customer complaints about ' my buddies gets better mileage than mine !!! '

I think the logic used in Nissans mpg monitor system is silly ....it appears to sample based on time , not distance ? or both ? I had a Suzuki SX4 hatchback and it's monitor's logic was cool , You could monitor realtime instant mpg , or the average mpg since the last reset.

And have you scrolled thru the display settings ? You can choose what is displayed , look in your owners manual for the instructions .

Glenn

Well, my owners manual shows the MPG indicator, and it was an identical 2013 i drove before that had it, I'll have it in the dealership next week, so i'll post what the results are then.

The dealer told me that they deleted it from the menu options for 2013, even though its in the owners manual.

My dealer did not know about the deletion of the fuel mileage computer. but, after i thought about it, i think that was a 2012 i first trest drove. so, guess I'll live with out the instant knowledge of the fuel mileage, I put one of the fuel mileage apps on my phone, it seems easy enough, so far, i'm getting close to 15 on the highway, but near my home, in the mountains, i'm getting high 13's.

2012's have the MPG, and nissan deleted it for 2013

I too was frustrated with the lack of the fuel mileage calculator. I noticed that it has the every useful "average mph" calculator. I'm no mathmatician, but i'm pretty sure the exact same computations could be used to give you the MPG's.

I have 2012 & it has the MPG calculator.

One thing I like is the monitor that tells you when you are low on fuel. It tells you approx. how many more miles you can go before running out. (just estimate)

Do the 2013's still have that feature?

Yes The 2013 as the range monitor.

If you have a smart phone there are a few apps that will read the ecm so you can monitor mpg and lots of other cool info. It requires you to purchase a Bluetooth device that plugs into the OBDll port under the dash. I paid $28 dollars for my device on amazon. I have a android phone and use an app called Torque.

You sure its not an average mph and not a mpg?

Mine shows my average mph. It does not show mpg.

For that I use my scangauge2 and its a depressing 7-8 mpg. Its accurate as ive compared it to my fillups 3 times.

Rick.

x

Edited by Jerry

I ended up getting a OBDII reader and used my phones bluetooth to get readings.  Hopefully the OBDII reader can also reset that dumb ass tire pressure sensor thing when you get your wheels rotated.

The tire air pressure sensors can be adjusted as needed without going to the dealer. You only need an air compressor or pump and follow the instructions in the owners manual.

I'll try to post a link to the process.

Rick.

The online pdf owners manual shows it on pages 8-38, 8-39 and 8-40

The process involves using your dash button to get the tpsm in a learning mode and dropping the pressure 10# in a 30 second period in the order described. You also need a pump/ compressor capable of raising the pressure 10# in 30 seconds according to the manual.

Haven't tried it yet, but 1 of my sensors is 4# off based on a very accurate tire gauge.

Edited by RICK