Sign in to follow this  
Local Apparent Friday

Looking to switch platforms

K sticking a fork in this and calling it done, we'll be moving over to a conversion thread soon enough.  She drives wonderfully after an alignment, it was a bit out of whack, but I knew that based on the tire wear of the old tires.  I will continue to monitor the catch can and will be posting my findings in that thread.  I'm planning on about 1000 miles on the current oil and descaling mix, and then we'll change the oil and go back to coolant.  Only other thing of note is that we added a bear trap branded filter magnet....I like to be able to cut apart my filters and see what's going on when I change the oil.  

-laf

Sort of.  We drove it the 3.5 hours to the beach yesterday as a break in/test run.  Oddest thing...put truck in neutral and all the warning lights come on, tpms errors, cluster flashing and beeping, tach flatlining... like it's possessed.  Also won't connect via OBD2 when this is occurring. Put it in drive and it acts perfectly normal except for hard shifting and the cruise control automatically canceling.  Seems to be related to the headlights....drove perfectly fine until the sun went down and I had to turn the lights on. I let it sit overnight with the battery disconnected and it seems to be acting fine rn, but we've been working on it all day so I haven't taken it for a cruise or tried the headlights again. I DID go ahead and pluck the DRL fuse out as we have LED bulbs waiting for us back at the house. I'll post conversion pics here in a bit. 

I'm glad lowrider bumped this. I forgot that I hadn't updated this. My random electrical issues turned out to be that I hadn't quite plugged the trans harness all the way in after the engine swap. It's kind of a hard one to push together. Make sure you hear the positive click of the lock. Otherwise been driving great. Been on the road pretty much all year... currently hiding from the cold in NC after a few days back country in Pisgah and a stint at Hanging Rock. Pics to come eventually.