Sign in to follow this  
jeffg113

What! There are door speakers on my NV 2500 high top! Do yours work?

So, yesterday I pulled off my door panels so I could instal Dynamat, and who knew there were door speakers??  After all the research I've done, all the online stereo fitting guides say that there are only speakers in the front dash. I was at Best Buy and their stereo fitting guide also says that the NV 2500 only has dash speakers.  Sound has never came out of my door speakers..  What's weird is that no sound comes out of the door speakers even after adjusting fade, balance, etc..  Does anybody else have a NV cargo that has no sound coming out of the door speakers?

post-490-0-13483400-1379691755_thumb.jpg

2012 2500 high top with S trim pkg - I have door speakers and they do work. I use the radio so seldom I had to go out and check this to be sure.

I am very interested in your sound deadening project for the doors. I have never removed interior door panels - does it require much in the way of specialized tools?

I also am looking for someone who can help with procedure for removing headliner and overhead molded storage unit. Bugs and such give off a tin can ring when they impact the large forehead of the high top. See my recent post in the cabin and interior thread.

I have 2012 NV2500 SV High Roof & the door speakers work on it. 

I noticed yours are wired so I assume there is some problem with the speakers. Call Nissan Customer Care & ask about it or take it back to your dealer.

I thought the door speakers were 6x9 and not 6 1/2.   I'll be replacing mine with JL Audio C3 6 1/2 in the coming weeks.

I have a 2013 2500 hightop and my door speakers work just fine i crank up the jams everyday just ordered 8 new CDs .

Does anyone have any step by step directions on removing the door panels and/or headliner in the high-top model? I ordered some generic Dynamat I plan on using to help deaden sounds and hopefully help with some heat/cold issues.

I am also interested in this information. There is a considerable thunk when a bug hits my hightop in the "forehead". Would love to hear from someone that has actually removed the headliner to know if there are issues with the side airbags and how you deal with the maps light unit.

Thanks!