MilesD

NV3500 Move Backup Camera - What are the best solutions?

Finally got around to adding a spare tire carrier for my oversized tires.  Of course now the camera just sees tire.   I know I've seen people talk about the add on to have a camera in the top break light but reading through the threads it doesn't seem like people really like the quality.  Is there a better option?  Bonus if theres something that I can use on the van and then move to the back of my travel trailer when thats in use.  Maybe a wireless camera with magnetic mount or something?  

nissan-nv3500-spare-tire-carrier-rear-of

Great looking bumper and tire mount. Where do you plan to put the license plate? Move the existing camera and wiring to the same place. 

1 hour ago, radin2son said:

Great looking bumper and tire mount. Where do you plan to put the license plate? Move the existing camera and wiring to the same place. 

I wasn't planning on moving the license plate.  I live fairly remote and doubt it will be an issue.

It will be when you travel. 

Is there a way to swap sides with the ladder and the tire carrier?  Doors are overrated ?

If you want the aim of the camera to be halfway right, it needs to be somewhat close to stock location.  The camera being offset to one side has a correction built into the head unit to line it up the best it can.  I tried a different head unit once and the camera aim was all messed up since the head unit was from something that had a centered camera.

aztec has the best solution, move the swing arm to the right side. Works until you add a box to the left side. 

Here is my solution

20240329_171049.jpg

20240329_170921.jpg