Sign in to follow this  
NVinNE

NV2500 Sliding Door Fix Success

Want to thank everyone who posted photos and descriptions of what they did to fix the problem! 

A few days ago, I added the details of my sliding door saga to @Nancy's post.  @aztec replied saying that the fix described by Nancy (tighten the tension on the wire to the middle latch by adjusting the sliding bolt) is a known solution.  So decided to try it.  Here's what worked for me:

I adjusted the tension about 5 times and the door wouldn't budge from the inside or outside...was ready to give up.  In one last attempt,  I tried (from the outside of the) pushing the bottom of the door with my foot so it sat flush w/ the side of the van; and, at the same time, pull on the handle...the door slid open.  This last maneuver would have been much easier with two people.  

Have opened and closed the door about 20 times and each time making sure that I used enough force so that the door closed completely flush with the outside of the van wall.  Clearly, the door was jammed somewhere so I'm not sure which fix worked -- the bolt or pushing the door flush and pulling.  Maybe the combination????