kelltech

LED Interior Lights

If anyone is interested in swapping out the incandescent interior lights with brighter, cooler, more efficient LEDs, here's the part numbers you'll need:

I used www.superbrightleds.com for all of these.

Front Map Lights:

2 X 3022-xHP4

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=/specs/festoonhp_3022-xHP4.htm

Rear Cargo Lights:

3 X "UPCB-CWHP30" (NOTE: Choose the "UPCB-FES" UPCB Mating Festoon Base option)

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=%2Fspecs%2Fupcbbase_specs.htm

Total cost shipped is around $70. This makes a HUGE difference in the quality and quantity of the interior lighting.

If anyone is interested in swapping out the incandescent interior lights with brighter, cooler, more efficient LEDs, here's the part numbers you'll need:

Front Map Lights:

2 X 3022-xHP4

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=/specs/festoonhp_3022-xHP4.htm

Rear Cargo Lights:

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=%2Fspecs%2Fupcbbase_specs.htm

Total cost shipped is around $70. This makes a HUGE difference in the quality and quantity of the interior lighting.

My package includes just the one interior light, but I want to add at least 2 or 3 more in the rear cargo area. I'm reasonably good with wiring; should I expect this to be a difficult project, based on your experience?

Front Map Lights:

2 X 3022-xHP4

http://www.superbrig...p_3022-xHP4.htm

Rear Cargo Lights:

http://www.superbrig...bbase_specs.htm

Thanks for the tip . I ordered those part numbers and the front led map lights work great .

But the back rear cargo LEDs with the festoon base did not work out so well . The led light just lays on the lens When i installed them - How did you work this out ?

Thanks

Edited by Locksmith

Just upgraded my front map lights using Kelltech's recommendations. I went with the Warm White LEDs.

These definitely do the job without being too bright.

Thanks for the tip!

By the way, the covers are a tight fit but do pop out. Just follow the directions in the owners manual.

Hold the on/off switch cover (in the middle) in place while removing either light cover to keep it from coming loose.

I am thinking of converting to the LED method of lighting because I will be adding lights at the rear doors and on the sides of the lift we have installed and I want to continue to use the existing light circt and as I understand the advantages of LED includes a very low draw on the electrical system (the battery).Thanks for the tip

hmm they are looking interesting, because the lights are also not much expensive and easy to install..thanks for sharing the link of the bulbs and this great tip. I think now these led bulbs are bright enough to see everything. 

Edited by Cedric

Does anyone have before and after pictures?  The current lights in my NV are not nearly bright enough.  Even strapping down cargo at night I felt like a flashlight would help.  I have thought of adding 6-8 LED pods in the roof but if these brighten up the stock lights it might work

Are this the replacement bulbs for the front and rear in the NVP?  I believe the first part # might work for all 3 rows of lights in the back.  If anyone knows please post.

Using this thread as my inspiration, I replaced all of the light in the cabin with red LEDs (with the exception of the rear cargo light which is cool white).  The red is great for illuminating things while driving at night without affecting your ability to see the road.  Works great for my kids that want a light on as well.

My wife's main concern is that the red wouldn't be bright enough.  They are plenty bright though.  I'll try to remember to take some pics tonight.

so is there a bulb you can get to just replace without having to mess with wiring?

Just scroll up to the start of this thread for the bulb information - they work well.

Here's the red LED lights in action:

fRL820pl.jpg

XDTQtGOl.jpg?1

We leave the rear driver seat out for extra cargo space.  As such, we replaced the overhead map light and cargo light with a cool white LED:

e6FQcvPl.jpg?1

(deleted - posted twice somehow).  Can't seem to delete the actual post.

Edited by jimgoings

people probably think your driving around in a rolling blackroom at night. just ordered cool white bulbs for the 2 front map lights..will get the 3 rear lights if these work well.

I went to order the rear cargo lights from the linked vendor but they are no longer being made...

Any other ideas for something that will work?

here is what i did in my van, i get caught working at night a lot especially  with daylight savings, so i need light to find parts etc,  festoon cool white in cab and 27 watt led floods in the back

IMG 4879

Edited by reversed polarity

Superbrightleds.com had a 10% sale going on, so I ordered a setup exactly like jimgoings has..... Cool white in front and rear, red in between. And a couple bulbs to replace the lower door lights that shine on the ground, for good measure. Hope it all works as planned!

What is the install like on these? Plug and play? Any extra wiring or transformers required?

Just replace the bulb, and that's it. For the most part lights that blink (like turn signals) are the only ones that get confusing, I believe.

Rear Cargo Lights:

Those bulbs are discontinued now. These came up as a similar replacement product. Would these fit?

For the front map lights and rear cargo light I went with these:

https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/festoon/de3175-led-bulb--9-led-festoon/232/

In cool white. I'm sure there are other bulbs that work, but I'm happy with these. And then I did the red bulbs in the middle of the cabin.

What's the secret to getting the lights apart?  Do you have to pull the whole assembly down or does the clicky part somehow pull down? 

Take a small flat blade screwdriver and just pop them down. Not from the outside, but from the inside, closest to the on/off switch. If you try prying on the outside you risk breaking the little "L" shaped catches. It'll be obvious after the first one....

I wasn't clear there..... I'm just talking about the clear lense. Not the whole assembly.

Sorry, just a couple more questions!  Were these plug and play or did you have to buy other installation supplies?  For the red bulbs in the middle rows, did you buy the same size bulb just in a different color? 

Thanks again