Sign in to follow this  
300winmag

tie down points in NVP

I am putting a tool box and electric cooler in the back beside the rear drivers side door but there are no tie down points to do this... is there any under all the carpet? Surly they couldn't have forgotten tie down points.?.?.?

I've never found any tie downs at all in the rear and it is quite annoying for a large van like this to have NONE in the passenger version.  For me I use the back seat row anchor points in the floor since we just have two rows in.  

The only other "anchors" I have used are the tether anchors on the back of the seats for kids car seats.  I use them along with a small carabiner to keep my dogs from moving around too much.  

Hmmm maybe I will make a floor and bolt it to the rear seat anchors that we also dont use. Then I can put tie down points in... look like crap with a sheet of plywood though....

I have bolted my own in several places for tying down motorcycles, camping gear, etc. I went to an auto scrapyard and removed the triangle tie downs from Chevy/GMC SUV's (yukon, etc). They are pretty burly. 

I also use some L track from a handicap bus I used to have. I have it mounted up by the ceiling, and midway down. I hang gear from it, like sleeping bags, backpacks, climbing gear, etc. Then it all gets lashed against the wall so it's not banging about. 

I have also bolted bolt hangers (climbing gear) on the bulkhead to hang hammocks on. http://www.amazon.com/Mad-Rock-Sentinal-Bolt-Hangers/dp/B0027Y55ZC

The other end of hammock hooks on the rear, above the rear door, in the pre-cut slots. I use aid hooks to hang that end. 

Yeah, it's pretty Red Green in our van. 

Look at a nv cargo at the locations of the OE. tie downs in the floor , and look under your carpet/mat and see if at least the  bolt holes are there ? Might be able to just bolt in factory tie downs ? Just a guess , as I've never even looked inside a nvp ....

Glenn

And if your going to drill thru the floor to mount some , study the other side real close , and use a drill bit stop on your bit ...you don't want to hit anything under the floor !