BraapRider

Drilling into the wall

I want to be able to secure tie downs or tracks to the wall for securing a dirt bike. I've seen tracks installed before, but I'm not sure how to go about doing this. Obviously you wouldn't drill through the wall to the outside.

So, my question is, how/where can I drill holes into the wall, and how the heck do I get a washer and nut onto the other side???

If you've got yourself a cargo van there are loads of 6 or 8 mm bolt holes all throughout the interior  and tie down anchors already in the floor. But if you got a NVP you should go to a nissan dealer with a camera and take some notes and pictures of the mounting points in a cargo for reference , and then carefully look behind the upholstery in yours and see if they are there ... I suspect they maybe . If they are your problem is solved real easy  , just buy the hardware you want and bolt it in . I've got a couple of MOTO-CINCH tie down anchors in my floor for when I go compete by myself and don't bring the bike trailer.Best of luck

Glenn                                                                                                                                                               

Edited by axulsuv

I've got the cargo version. I'd really like to be able to put a washer and nut on the other side of those 8mm holes. I've just ordered some I-Bolts online for them (8mm 1.25 pitch). I want to know that my motorcycle is going to be secure!!!

Axulsuv, I sent you a PM. Can you get show me pics of the underside, where/how you mounted your rear seats in your cargo van? I've got a set of 2015 ford transit seats that I need to install and no one will install them for me! I'm scared to do it alone!

There are areas you can attach tie downs, etc. I've done it on mine. You might need to remove some cardboard panels, but the predrilled holes in the interior frame also have access holes so that you can put bolts with nuts.  This isn't everywhere but you can find some places. There is an interior steel frame and a space of about 2" before the exterior body panels. You can drill your own holes in the interior frame for bolts and if need be use a dremel to cut out enough area to get a nut on. That's what I've done.

Also you can buy E track and have it welded in and then you can place loads about anywhere you want. I have it in my cargo trailer and it's the cats pajamas.

What rounda' bout's does it cost to get e-track welded in?

Don't really know. I had mine on my Cargo trailer done at factory where it was built.

The e track is not that expensive. I would check with a few local welding shops or machine shops. I couldn't imagine it being too expensive.. 

I'm mounting L-track on the walls and will also on the floor after I bolt down 3/4" plywood.  I'm in the middle of doing the work but here are a couple of pics using rivets to attach the L-track to the wall.

post-647-0-36958800-1458591372_thumb.jpegpost-647-0-12456500-1458591379_thumb.jpeg

I'm also setting it up to haul bikes and will get a front wheel chock and configure it to bolt to the floor track in various locations depending on what I'm hauling.

Bob