Jakerh22

Engine knock and TSB warranty work

What is the definition of insanity again?

So Nissan called today and said it was the trans cooler that went bad. They said they have NOT touched any of that in previous work they did on the van. I’m no mechanic, but when they replaced the short block, and they tell me they had to take the front end off the van, you mean to tell me they could do all that without touching anything related to the transmission? Someone help me out here lol

Back to your initial post...

Titantalk (appears to be a Canadian forum) had numerous posts regarding 2017 engine replacements. Most were short blocks. Depended on engine availability. Wait time was 4-6+ weeks with lots of dealer excuses/delays. One issue was gasket backorders. At least one gasket related oil leak. No mention of related transmission failures. 

There was a discussion regarding engine replacement break in and towing. Some said not needed. 

In general, it appears you have to research Titan, not NV forums. Too few NVs on the road. 

On 10/24/2022 at 9:49 AM, Jakerh22 said:

I’m no mechanic, but when they replaced the short block, and they tell me they had to take the front end off the van, you mean to tell me they could do all that without touching anything related to the transmission? Someone help me out here lol

I did a full engine swap on mine without removing the trans, cooler, or radiator.  If you read the service manual, they tell you to remove all that crap, but it's unnecessary.  Any decent mechanic would have been able to do it without, thus cutting the work short whilst still being able to bill for the allowable hours.